Tuesday, September 09, 2014

my list of ten books that have stuck with me, via facebook;

As tagged by Mr. Stephen Brockwell via Facebook, I've been asked to list ten books that have "stuck with me." I posted mine on Facebook a few days back, and replicate such here. My list sits in no particular order (and, you might note, more than ten). I'm sure if I spent more time on this, I could extend this list to fifty, or even a hundred. So there:

1. Delayed Mercy and Other Poems, George Bowering

2. King of Egypt, King of Dreams, Gwendolyn MacEwen

3. Marvel Two-in-One Annual #2
(In case you're wondering why this is here: following the events of The Avengers King-Size Annual #7, this 1977 issue featuring Spider-Man and The Thing stuck with me for a couple of reasons. As a kid (I was seven years old when the issue appeared), I always identified with Spider-Man, and latched onto, for some reason, the line Thanos says to Ben to describe Spider-Man: "I like your friend, Ben, he's a schemer.")

4. Journeys Through Bookland and Other Passages, Stan Dragland

5. Crosscut Universe: Writing on Writing from France, edited/translated by Norma Cole

6. Sheep's Vigil by a Fervent Person, Erín Moure

7. The Abortion: An Historical Romance 1966, Richard Brautigan

8. So Far, Fred Wah

9. That This, Susan Howe

10. Why must a black writer write about sex?, Dany Laferrière

11. The Collected Books of Jack Spicer

12. John Thompson, Collected Poems and Translations

13. Hard to Admit and Harder to Escape, Sarah Manguso

No comments: